- This is something that you must be confident with, make sure that you get enough practice on this topic.
- It is a common exam question that can be tested in a number of ways – see past VCAA exams for examples.
- Make sure that you know what type of reactions produces what product and what reactants are needed.
- Key knowledge on study design states that you must know how to produce esters from alkenes – see below for an example.
- NOTE: This is one way to produce an ester from alkene, there are other ways as well.
Want to suggest an edit? Have some questions? General comments? Let us know how we can make this resource more useful to you.